Monday, July 25, 2011

Day 9 (7-24-11)

While waiting for crepes (thank you, Sarah),
Sierra DeMulder reads the Genius titles from her forthcoming book 
with Write Bloody (2012).


Magers & Quinn - Minneapolis, MN

Reasons to Leave Your Daughter.



Minneapolis.  I'm speechless.
_____________

Had so much fun yesterday and met some truly wonderful folks.  Ever since we left, I've pointed at every body of water we've passed and said, "Swimming," like a child who isn't sure how to ask, or who does so simply as an act of recognition.  Swimming.  And last night, we swam.  Swam until our eyes burned.  Actually, my eyes are burning right now.  And my legs are tired because we invented a game called Noodle Ball, and it was an exhausting game.  Minneapolis is a great place, I think.  Or it is a nice place to visit.  The reading went well, the bookstore was labyrinthine and full of good stuff, so I wandered a bit and enjoyed myself.  Sierra performed wonderfully and gave me a gift If You Lived Here You'd Already Be Home, stories by John Jodzio, which I'm looking forward to and truly appreciated.  Thank you, Sierra.  And thank you to all of Sierra's friends: Brian, Lucy, Bethany, Sarah, Sam, Aden, Gary, and Tony (was it?).  And to anyone I've forgotten.  For a fantastic night.

Also, thank you to our host, Will.  Everyone send him heady birthday wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment